The Vic Theatre, designed by architect John E.O. Pridmore, opened in 1912 as the Victoria Theatre. It took three years to build the luxurious five-story vaudeville house. The lobby floor and staircases are still Italian marble, and the interior still has most of the original ornate wall sculptures. The acoustics are near perfect, and the balcony has wonderful sight-lines.
Today the Vic Theatre is located in the Central Lakeview area, an eclectic neighborhood which is home to great restaurants, theater, and shopping. The subject property contains 14,098 square feet of building area situated on a parcel of land containing 12,340 square feet.
When there’s no live music, hit the Brew & View. The Brew & View is the Vic’s alter ego, transforming the theater from music to movies. Three bars are open throughout the films, creating a cinematic experience miles away from the strip-mall multiplex. Movies at Brew & View tend to be second- and third-run, as well as cult and underground favorites. The lubricated crowd will often speak along with the dialogue or even dance (go see ‘Grease’ there). If you want to quietly concentrate on the movie, this is the wrong place. But if you want to see an old or new favorite for five bucks while drinking cheap beers, this is paradise.
– Tickets for the majority of events can be found on ticketfly.com. Please be aware that a convenience fee will be charged online and over the phone.
– Tickets may be purchased without a convenience fee at our box office.
– All ticket sales are final.
– Please beware of purchasing tickets from a third party or ticket re-seller. Ticketfly.com is the only authorized online seller for Riviera Theatre shows. We cannot guarantee the validity of tickets purchased elsewhere and you risk being denied admission. There are no refunds and/or exchanges if your ticket is found to be fraudulent.
– There is an ATM inside the theater.
– Restrooms are located in the basement, accessible from the sides of the main floor.
– The theater is entirely non-smoking.
– Beverages are available for purchase – Visa, Mastercard and American Express are accepted at select bars.
– There is no food available for purchase. No outside food or drink may be brought into the theater.
– For most weather appropriate shows, a coat check is available and is located in the basement by the Women’s restroom.
– All shows are completely general admission, unless otherwise noted.
– There are fixed theater seats in our balcony that are first come, first served.
– The main floor is standing only, unless otherwise noted.
– There is an area set aside on the main floor for those with disabilities. Please call (773) 472-0449 if you require handicap seating.
– Please arrive early, especially for sold out shows, for the best view possible.
– Security personnel will check IDs and bags before entering the venue. This can take some time to enter, so please arrive early.
– Bags will be searched upon entry. Please note the following prohibited items: oversized bags or backpacks, any weapons, selfie sticks, large umbrellas, cameras with an external flash or detachable lenses, audio/video recording devices, outside food and beverages, drugs, drug paraphernalia and other items subject to the discretion of management. If a prohibited item is found, you will be required to secure it elsewhere or dispose of it before entering.
– For age-restricted shows (18+ or 21+), a valid is required for entry.
– Minors may attend an 18+ show with a parent or guardian.
– There is no re-entry into the theater once you have exited.
– For most public shows, recording devices including professional cameras (no interchangeable lenses), video recorders and audio recording devices may not be brought into the venue.
– Flash photography of any kind is prohibited. Please turn off the flash on your cell phone.
– Doors open 1 hours before showtime unless otherwise noted.